The Corporate Signpost Toolkit is a multi-level strategic management tool that:
- enhances brainstorming and ideas generation
- reveals hidden knowledge
- circumvents thinking ruts
- exposes unpalatable truths
- depersonalises emotive issues
- accelerates learning
- clarifies gut hunches
The toolkit (in an executive presentation binder) comprises:
- 78 image-rich cards, representing key business activities and management roles
- a comprehensive user handbook describing the inherent logical concepts
- a twelve-sided die, which is used with a matrix of influencing factors
The Deck of Cards
The deck of 78 cards tells the story of an enterprise (business, project or career) in six series of images.
Twenty-two Venture cards portray the sequence of overall activity from inception, through conceptual development, feasibility study and resource planning stages, to implementation and full operation.
Four series of ten cards represent ten stages of activity in each of four generic business processes:
- Strategy – management at the conceptual level
- Structure – organisational capability; deployment of resources of all types
- Delivery – developing, producing and marketing goods and services
- Performance – managing finances, quality, throughput, customer satisfaction, etc.
Management Role cards represent four levels of management for each of the business process streams.
The cards are high quality playing cards with good slip and silver gilt edges.
Intuitive creativity is triggered by image interpretation. What we see in the cards is personal. There are no wrong answers. Cards are interpreted by:
- association of ideas or concepts – the picture reminds me of……
- colour – eg red may suggest passion, danger or warnings, warmth or blood
- symbology – eg trees may suggest room for growth; part of the growth cycle; if in full leaf, maybe Summer
- number – eg number 1 may indicate leadership; independence; new starts and first steps
- language – the words on the card may provide pointers to concepts
- through sensory perceptions – …when I see this image I feel, think, taste, sense that …..
If a card appears irrelevant – ask “if it were relevant, what might it mean?”
The Twelve-Sided Die
Each aspect of the underlying business model covers a wide area of activity. For example Structure includes all types of resource from buildings and materials to information and personnel. A throw of the die and cross-reference to the matrix of influencing factors (in the handbook and on a card) supports the images by indicating which people, functions and particular aspects of business processes to consider.
The User Handbook
The user handbook is the logical counterbalance to the intuitive deck of images. It describes the theory that underpins Corporate Signpost, the methodology, and the story-line structure. In addition, it provides a logical overview of each card and its key concepts. A list of related questions is matched with positive and negative business indicators or, in the case of management roles, with positive and negative characteristics of personality profiles.
The handbook is printed in full colour throughout.
NEWS NEWS NEWS
Corporate Signpost business analysis functions are now available online under a new trading name. Take a look at BUSINESS ADEPT CARDS.
A problem analysis is available free of charge. Why not give it a try?